Hop on the BUS!
BUS is a diverse community of scientists and concerned citizens that holds firmly to the principle of equity for all peoples. We strive to create positive change toward equity and justice through education, engagement, and mobilization. We embrace and encourage skepticism and critical thinking as we tackle the challenges facing equity in our global society.
Established in 2016
BUS was established by a group of graduate students in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at UC Berkeley in the wake of political, social, and scientific injustice.
BUS is a diverse community of scientists, scholars and concerned citizens that hold firmly to the principle of equity for all peoples regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, religious/spiritual background, sex or sexual identity. Unfortunately, equity for all peoples is not our reality.
Together we will educate, engage and mobilize toward a movement of collective action intent on bringing positive change toward the goal of equity.
We are a collective group of scientists but we also play a role as citizens in a broader global community and your issues are our issues too.
- Self-education on political action
- Generation, collection, dissemination, and execution of individual political actions
- Generation, collection, dissemination, and execution of collective political actions
- Mobilization of other individuals and organizations
- Platform to promote participation, motivation, and accountability among group members
Science is the most durable and non-divisive way of thinking about the human circumstance. It transcends cultural, national, and political boundaries.